ECCIR Project Assistant Internship
The European-Canadian Centre for Innovation and Research (ECCIR) is a non-profit organization that facilitates the development of European-Canadian research and business relations. ECCIR is based in Edmonton, Alberta. With support from Alberta Innovates and the Government of Alberta, we offer a range of services to corporate stakeholders, universities, and research organisations in support of international relationship-building and networking needs. In this capacity, ECCIR works with various stakeholders such as government officials, industry leaders, and internationally acclaimed researchers. ECCIR is the coordinator of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) Canada Consortium.
ECCIR is seeking a skilled and creative project assistant to support the management of international projects in innovation and research between Canada and Europe. The successful candidate will be able to achieve project deliverables through the completion of relevant project documentation, overseeing project logistics, and communicating with external experts. Additionally, the selected individual should be team-oriented and thrive in a collaborative work environment.
This position is for a 6-month period with the possibility of extension and is subject to grant funding. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- The project assistant intern will report directly to the manager and work alongside the project team
- Provide client support and correspond with pursuant inquiries related to the Enterprise Europe Network Canada (EEN), including:
- Assist EEN colleagues and client companies with questions, introductions, and partnership database profiles
- Answering queries, arranging events, and supporting European trade missions to Canada
- Assist with the promotion and efforts to raise awareness about EEN in Canada
- Support the planning and organization of ECCIR matchmaking missions to Europe
- Oversee the maintenance of the ECCIR client database
- Assist with the management of office administration
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Strong proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English and other additional languages
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate virtual and in-person settings to build effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated time management skills in a fast-paced setting
- Project supervision experience and familiarity with financial and project management principles
- Experience with government grants and funding programs, as well as awareness of available international funding programs between Canada and Europe
What does ECCIR offer?
- Interns receive a compensation of $2,100 per month.
- An opportunity to gain firsthand experience working in international collaboration and facilitating innovation across several industry sectors.
- Please send your resume and cover to Laura Intemann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The accompanying cover letter should address the following:
- What exactly interests you about this work opportunity?
- What skills and experience can you bring to our team that you have identified as necessary for ECCIR?
Work primarily takes place at home. This role is hybrid with a mix of remote and in-person activities. Occasional travel and after-hour work are required (e.g. early morning/evening events).
We are always looking for new talents! If you think you would be a great addition to our team, please contact us and we are happy to talk to you about potential opportunities. Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.