Germany – Canada MicroSystemTechnology Matchmaking Event
October 19 – 22, 2021
Complexity and accuracy are at the heart of MicroSystemTechnology (MST). In Canada and the US, this industry sector is often referred to as micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), and in Japan, it is known as micro-machines. Microsystems are integrated microdevices combining electrical, mechanical and optical components comprising sensing, processing and/or actuating functions, leading to miniaturization and the integration of functions. SME´s active in the field of MST offer very specific niche expertise and knowledge, which often requires cooperation with other partners in order to jointly develop new applications. And that is exactly what this matchmaking event will foster: transnational cooperation between participants from Canada and Germany.
Both the Canadian and German/North Rhine-Westphalian partners of the Enterprise Europe Network invite you to take part in this matchmaking event. They will brief you about doing business between Canada and Germany and which services are offered to support you in that. MST related clusters will present themselves and update you about the state of MST developments in both Canada and Germany. Selected companies are offered the opportunity to pitch themselves in order to find possible future cooperation partners during the plenary session.
All participants are offered the possibility to book bilateral meetings with their German/Canadian counterparts in order to get to know each other and to initiate future collaborations.
- The matchmaking event is open to companies and research institutes from the below mentioned areas of MST, as well as companies that are interested in adopting MST.
- You are welcome to register yourself here and share your profile with us and the other participants.
- Participation is free of charge.
- The number of pitches is limited. Please inform us as soon as possible if you are interested in pitching your collaboration opportunity or project idea.
- Participation in the event is only open to participants from Canada and Germany.
This MST matchmaking event will have a specific focus on the following fields of expertise:
- (Ultra-)Precision engineering
- (Ultra-)Precision metrology / Nanopositioning
- Optics / Photonics
- Cryogenics / Vacuum
Participation in the event is only open to participants from Canada and Germany.
To register for the event, please visit our event’s b2match site here.